Here goes: NUMBER 10 – MY FIRST ON-AIR APPEARANCE
Going on national television without a time delay or teleprompter for the very first time is next-level
scary. After a while, it feels like home. However, day one is absolutely terrifying
Here are some fun facts about my first on-air appearance.
- I presented two products during Alberti's overnight show
- The first product I presented was the Frost Guard with Scott Hynd
- I called it chic 3 times in 8 minutes (It’s quite convenient, but it’s definitely not chic)
- The second product I presented was a big bag with Jane DeNoble
- I still own and use both products
- Scott signed the Frost Guard and wrote a congratulatory message on it and gave it to me
- I still have it and won’t be using it in Florida
- Alberti was the first person to introduce me on-air. Typically in years past Mary Beth did the intros
- I ran into Sandra in the host lounge before the show. She could tell I was nervous and gave me a woman to woman pep talk
- Alberti asked me what my favorite kind of music was while we were live on-air in a Bose presentation. I got so nervous, I responded with ‘anything that has a good beat.’
- My next-door neighbors at the time recorded the show and when I got home in the wee hours of the morning they ran over to congratulate me and quoted me ‘anything with a good beat.’ We still laugh about that today
- I thought long and hard about my first on-air outfit. A Leif black dress, skinny belt, studded high heels, and a gili jacket
- The team is so supportive on your first day. I had Karalee as my makeup artist, Toi as my stylist, Dan as my LP, and a host and guest community cheering me on
- I stayed in those overnight hours for 11 months...
More memories to come as we countdown my final 10 shows...thanks for coming along for the ride.